Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dreaming a Dream



Dreams can lead to powerful insights into your life. Recently, I had a dream full of crisp details that made it not only strange, but inspiring.

I dreamed that I was in Houston with my wife attending a church meeting. We sat near the Lampkin family; I haven't seen or talked with them since I was a teenager. For some reason, I had a gift for Brother Lampkin. During the meeting, the Bishop announced the funeral for a girl named Rebecca. I don't really know a Rebecca? However, after the announcement my mother went to the podium to organize an impromptu musical number. She asked for volunteers to come to the front of the church. She specifically pointed me out by name saying, "Don't you make any excuses Todd! You better be up here too." One by one people started filling up the stand. The first voice was a small, quiet child, but slowly more voices chimed in with her. The song was "I am in a Child of God."

As you may have read in my last post, I've been struggling with my place in the church lately. However, this dream has helped me untangle some of the knots in my stomach. After a day at the temple today, I know what I need to do!

The Lord is trying to get me off the sidelines. Although I don't want to reveal the sacred nature of my recent intimate spiritual experiences, let me just say that this dream --as well as other huge influences-- helped me understand how I need to move forward. I will move forward with faith that I can do it. No more sidelines for me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you. It is very difficult (even when you have a family) to adjust to a new place where you do not have a place to fill. I have felt this way and I have had to sometimes go because I knew it was right and no other reason. There will be a place for you to fill. There already is. I love you brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreams can be a wonderful windows to truth. Glad you had the experience.

    ReplyDelete

Followers